The COVID-19 pandemic has brought so much upheaval to society in general, worldwide, that it can be difficult to know just how to react. Mirroring this, actions — and nonactions — in the massage field are all over the place.
Many people are choosing to limit face-to-face communication, with meetings, conferences and school classes canceled across the globe. Health-care workers are at risk of contracting the virus, and many massage therapists, spas and nonprofits have shuttered their businesses, choosing to practice social distancing to avoid COVID-19.
Communicating with clients and rescheduling those who have COVID-19 symptoms is essential. Businesses that supply the massage field with products are having their employees work from home. Many massage schools are scrambling to move to virtual teaching.
Some MTs have chosen to remain open. If this is the case for you, Massage Envy recently released a list of must-dos that each of their independently owned and operated franchise locations are required to do every day to keep their members, guests, and employees safe.
– After every session, linens are removed and replaced in the treatment room. This includes all sheets, towels, and the cover for the head rest. Clean linens are stored in closed cabinetry.
– Lotion bottles, skin care product bottles, and stretch equipment are wiped down with a disposable disinfectant and sanitizing cloth.
– Objects that are frequently handled, such as phones, keyboards, toilets, door handles, massage stools and tables, counter tops, and cabinets are regularly cleaned with a disposable disinfectant and sanitizing cloth.
– Air pads and filters are changed regularly according to manufacturer’s directions.
– Franchisee’s employees must thoroughly wash their hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds before and after touching guests or members, before touching clean linens, and after visiting the bathroom.
So, what can massage therapists do in this time of physical distancing?
The answer is not simple, but, to start, you can use social media to provide resources on building/strengthening your patients’ immune system and how to keep stress levels in check. Even though you can’t be physically near them, you can be, socially.
Streamline Your Massage Booking With SOAP Vault!
Given today’s technological ubiquity, and the success of apps and mobile software have seen in recent years, it seems almost natural that the most unexpected industries would climb aboard and rub shoulders with the kingpins of tech-innovators.
Massage therapy is one of those industries, and SOAP Vault has mastered the tech.
It was once quite a laborious task of the brick-and-mortar business model to manage client intake forms, scheduling, financial documentation and ensure the security of all files, but SOAP Vault has solved that issue by streamlining all things pertinent to your massage practice directly through one superb piece of software.
Your time is money. Put Noterro to work today and start simplifying your clinic life.