Thinking About Getting a Massage, But Are a First-Timer? Here Are Some Questions to Ask
Doing something you’ve never done before, no matter what it is, can be rather nerve-wracking. Getting a massage is no exception. And if you’re anything like me, I’m sure you have a multitude of worries and concerns about protocol, etiquette and so on… So here are 15 questions for a massage therapist to help ease your mind, as compiled by Susan Lacke for Triathlete magazine.
(Disclaimer: some questions may be silly, but let’s be honest, we’ve all shared these thoughts.)
For Those New To Massage, Here Are 15 Essential Questions For a Massage Therapist:
What is the difference between a massage for relaxation and a sport massage?
2. The pressure isn’t deep enough, but I don’t want to insult my massage therapist. What should I do?
3. Is there such a thing as too much pressure, or should I take as much as I can stand?
4. What should I do if I get ticklish during a massage?
5. Why do I sometimes get a headache after a massage?
6. Is it normal to bruise once in a while after a session?
7. Does it make a massage more effective if I don’t wear underwear (or do wear underwear)?
8. I farted during a massage. I was so embarrassed, but I pretended like nothing happened. Should I have said something?
9. Sometimes I fall asleep on the table. Does that make things difficult for the therapist?
10. I like my massage therapist, but she’s very chatty. How do I let her know I’d rather not talk?
11. I’ve never had a massage before. Should I schedule one before my race next week?
12. Is there ever a circumstance or injury where massage could make things worse instead of better?
13. How far out before a race should I schedule a massage?
14. I’m never sure about gratuities. How much should I tip?
15. Why does my therapist always tell me to drink lots of water after the massage is over?
Streamline Your Massage Booking With SOAP Vault!
Given today’s technological ubiquity, and the success apps and mobile software have seen in recent years, it seems almost natural that the most unexpected industries would climb aboard and rub shoulders with the kingpins of tech-innovators.
Massage therapy is one of those industries, and SOAP Vault has mastered the tech.
It was once quite a laborious task of the brick-and-mortar business model to manage client intake forms, scheduling, financial documentation and ensure security of all files, but SOAP Vault has solved that issue by streamlining all things pertinent to your massage practice directly through one superb piece of software.
Contact us today!
Your time is money. Put Noterro to work today and start simplifying your clinic life.