Clinic Newsletter Sign up
We send out an email newsletter approximately once per month, featuring clinic updates, upcoming events, and information relating to acupuncture/community acupuncture.
Please fill in any relevant information:
Chest, Lung, Heart & Skin
Internal, Digestive & Miscellaneous
Neurological, Sleep and Lifestyle
Welcome to Wildrose Community Acupuncture
Welcome to Wildrose Community Acupuncture!
Please read this welcome letter before your first appointment with us
About us: Our mission is to provide affordable, high-quality acupuncture in a group setting. We treat multiple people in recliners in a peaceful common room, which helps us to keep costs down. Your acupuncture treatment might include points on your arms and hands, legs and feet, and/or head and neck. Because acupuncture channels flow across the entire body, it is possible to treat anything without needling directly into the affected area. For example, we treat back problems with points on the hands and legs.
First Time? Here is what you need to know:
- Your First Treatment is $35, all following treatments are $25.
- The Acupuncturist will meet you in the Reception area and discuss the information you provided before continuing to the Treatment Room
- Turn your phone off/on silent and go into the Treatment Room quietly...do your best to preserve the calm environment
- Even when everyone tries to be quiet, some noises can’t be avoided - chairs clang, people snore. We encourage you to use earplugs or earphones with music if these noises will bother you
- Help yourself to blankets and pillows and make yourself comfortable before your treatment
- Wear loose clothing that you can comfortably roll up to your elbows and knees
- People experience acupuncture slightly differently, but most feel no or minimal sensation as the needles are inserted. Needles are single-use, sterile, and stainless steel.
- While the needles are in, you might feel some sensations from the needles. Some are indicating a good response to the needles - sensations like aching, tingling, warming, and numbness. Some sensations are simply a pain response - sensations that are more sharp or stabbing. Let us know if you are getting a sharp or stabbing sensation, and we can adjust the needle for you
- If you need anything during your treatment, just make eye contact with the acupuncturist. We want you to feel comfortable, and we are happy to grab you a blanket, adjust a needle, or get your needles out.
- You will relax with your needles in - how long is up to you. The average is 40-60 minutes. Some people read or listen to their own music. Many people nap. If you need to be out by a certain time, let us know.
- Before and/or after the treatment, your acupuncturist will recommend a treatment plan for you. Acupuncture is a PROCESS, and changes happen over time.
- If you are happy with your treatment, please tell your friends and family. The success of our clinic relies on you. We want you to love acupuncture as much as we do!
We are a “POCA” Clinic, and part of a widespread movement: POCA is the People’s Organization of Community Acupuncture. POCA’s goal is to make acupuncture available to as many people as possible and to promote stable and sustainable businesses and jobs. POCA’s website (pocacoop.com) allows you to search for other POCA clinics by city - it’s a great tool to find clinics similar to Wildrose Community Acupuncture in other cities.