Remedial Massage - What is it?
This treatment manipulates the soft tissues of the body, as well as influences movement to produce a specific therapeutic effect, rather than a generalised approach. It uses relevant techniques, lubricants and movements according to the client’s needs and response.
Musculoskeletal Therapy - What is it?
This therapy has been designed to treat the muscles and skeletal system using various soft tissue and mobilisation (not manipulation) techniques. Used in the treatment and rehabilitation of back pain, neck pain, joint pain, muscular dysfunction and/or injuries, musculoskeletal techniques incorporate a varied amount of ‘hands on’ remedial and mobilisation techniques, as well as take-home stretching and strengthening exercises. This assists in maintaining functional alignment of the skeletal system.
Kids' Massage - What is it?
A complementary and alternative treatment that uses massage therapy, or ‘the manual manipulation of soft tissue intended to promote health and well-being’ for children and adolescents. We also focus on sports performance with neurolymphatic points and stretching, which are gentler if painful treatment is a deterrent.
Pregnancy Massage - What is it and why it is different?
The three stages of pregnancy have very specific and unique characteristics which must be dealt with by the therapist in a particular manner. First trimester can bring on extreme hormone fluxes, with nausea as a main side effect. Certain points of the body are avoided throughout the journey to child birth as they may stimulate potential uncomfortable side effects. The therapist should be well versed in each stage of your pregnancy, as well as the clinical picture you present with.
What can you expect?
1. The clinic is easy to locate and accessible with ample free parking.
2. Time will be spent discussing your remedial conditions and medical history. This is important so that w can provide the BEST possible therapeutic and musculoskeletal treatment.
3. Professional physical therapy and massage service that is specialized for your unique issue.
4. An expectation that we will be able to improve your overall state of body, mind, and outlook during your time with us.
What I will expect?
1. The best recall of your history into the conditions that are plaguing you and any past injuries.
2. Verbal permission to look after your health and musculoskeletal complaints.
3. Any reports from other physicians (e.g., MRI, X-ray, CT scans or referral letters) that will assist us in understanding your remedial condition.
4. Prompt arrival or a phone call if you are running late/need to postpone.
Monday 9 am - 6 pm
Wednesday 9 am - 6:30 pm
Friday 8:30 am - 6:30 pm
20/32 Agnes St Albion, Albion, QLD 4010